Once Upon a Time returned for Season 6, part b last night and started questions. While I have many, and some ideas along the way, I want to put the following to you immediately. Ignore typos and any grammatical errors.
- Emma remembers everything from both realms. I love the story behind how she became known as Swan (good Hans Christian Anderson usage here) and the use of August in the story. He’s her protector after all, but she ran away from a child care center. Come on folks! Wouldn’t they have reported her MIA. And wouldn’t the cops or social services have had that report. I’m sure there are many little blonde girls going missing but days would have been telling.
- Well, well, well — August is a carpenter in the wish realm. Somehow I don’t think that’s quite all he is. I’ve always had a secret hope that he was Merlin brought back. Of course, we don’t know that but have we ever really seen Merlin and August together?
- And while I love August return as a good-looking man, I have to ask: did I miss an episode. I thought the last time we saw him that August was in “boy” form.
- And another August question — what exactly was he typing away on and how did Emma know where to find him (besides the typing).
- The hiding place — come on folks. I don’t buy that Prince Henry didn’t see his moms with their heads poking out.
- And while we are on Prince Henry, just who is his wish realm father.
- Loved fat, drunk Hook with the gray hair. Too funny! And it did lighten and otherwise strange episode.
- Robin of Locksley stole only for himself. Heaven forbid. That would ruin all the stories of Robin Hood.
- And on the Robin note: Did I just feel a disruption in the time/space continuum? Every good sci-fi show (that includes Doctor Who, Quantum Leap, Time Tunnel, and even Star Trek) warn that you cannot bring someone into a universe that doesn’t belong. He/she could affect the outcome of the future. Wouldn’t this apply to Robin?
- There was discussion on Twitter last night on how three could come through the tree. It was mentioned that only one could travel through the original tree. The tree was meant to bring Snow and baby Emma it our world. Instead, August came through first. I’ve always wondered what would have happened if Snow had tried to come? Never mind. Here’s my take on this. The tree is now a wormhole that opens to other realms. My question is: how could they be sure where they would arrive. And since the tree is a worm hole, does that mean that people can now travel between wish realm and Storybrooke?
Yeah Adam and Eddie probably wish my brain hadn’t been engaged last night, but interested minds want to know. These plot devices could keep our present cast busy for a long time to come. I plan to write more on August later. Will post on Twitter when it is finished.