America’s Got Talent surprised me so much last night. I watched the show a few years ago and left because I hated the acts they were letting through. Maybe the real reason was because I don’t care for Howard Stern but WHATEVER! Last night was a breath of fresh air.
Granted you had the bad acts. I don’t think I can ever watch the Spice Girls again (sorry Mel B). Those guys may have looked okay but their dancing was bad. I also hate the gross routines that Simon let through with a yes vote. Granted some like the impaling of folks, but not me. And finally they let through the lounge lizard and the go-go dancer. At least that was good comic relief.
The acts that really stood our to me were far brighter than these. Let me give you just a few examples:
- Wise move to open with a six year old comedian. This kid was good eveh when he wasn’t trying. I smiled constantly during this routine.
- Linkin Bridge. Okay, I may have spelled it wrong, but this group is going places. I hope they keep the edgy look. They looked like rappers but they sang beautifully. The sound was so outstanding I honestly thought: “Well, there’s another Pentatonix.”
- The Clairvoyants. I’m still trying to figure out how they did this act! I’ve seen others but there were no outward signs. And to be able to tell Howie the date on his drops — AMAZING.
- The Unknown, Mouth-taped Mime. I’ve done miming before and it’s hard. Of course, it was in my much younger days. This guy was scary looking and yet, he still drew you into the act. Love the oven mitt puppets. It’s going to be interesting to see where he goes next.
- Laura Bretan, the 13 year old opera singer. Only thing I can say is wow! You brought chills down my spine and I don’t even typically listen to opera (I’m a ballerina myself). This kid is going to go far!
This was just the opening night. I can’t wait to see what we get next!